Please Bear in Mind as You Plan for Your Wedding:
1. The church and/or the minister and/or the organist may not be available on the date you have in mind. Please plan early.
2. It is your responsibility to speak with the appropriate city/town officials to secure a marriage license. This license must be brought to the marriage rehearsal.
3. During the summer season, traffic coming north on Route 1 through Wiscasset may be very congested. Please tell guests, especially attendants, who are driving up Route 1 to allow an extra hour so they will not be late for the rehearsal or for the wedding ceremony.
4. If you are not using Boothbay Region Greenhouse (633-2400) as your florist, please have your florist contact the church office (633-4757) to arrange for delivery and set up of floral arrangements. Any unusual decorations are at the discretion of the church and must be reviewed by the minister.
5. If you are a member of this church, there is no building use fee. Most church members, however, offer a free will donation of at least $100. If you are not a member of this church, there is a building use fee of $300.00. If you have no connection to the community and are having a "destination wedding" the fee is $500.00 All wedding couples must hire our janitor to clean up after the wedding. This fee is $100.
6. Minister’s Fee - The minister’s fee needs to be discussed with the minister and includes:
a. Up to three counseling/wedding preparation sessions.
b. Preparing the Wedding Ceremony.
c. Directing the Rehearsal.
d. Officiating the Wedding Ceremony.
e. Mailing of witnessed & signed Marriage License to the appropriate civil authorities.
f. All correspondence (telephone, mail, e-mail) necessary to prepare for the wedding.
This check should be made out to Rev. Sarah Foulger.
7. Please speak to the minister if you have financial concerns regarding any of the wedding fees
8. The Reception
While it is customary for the wedding couple to invite the minister and spouse to the wedding reception, because the minister officiates at so many weddings, it is simply not possible to attend every wedding reception. In most instances, it is recommended, therefore, that you ask a family relative or friend to offer the blessing at the reception.
Suggested Blessing for a Wedding Reception:
Holy God, author of all love, with great happiness in our hearts, we join this day in the joy of N. and N. May this meal be a celebration of the vows they have made to each other and of the many gifts you bring into all of our lives. In Christ, Amen.